As the Holiday’s grow near I find myself busier and busier with work, life and everything in between! I always have tons of things I would like to share yet never have the time or a way to articulate it. My Holiday crafts, and baking will be in full swing after Thanksgiving, and maybe pictures can express my thoughts. Speaking of Thanksgiving, my hubby, my in-laws and I will be headed out tomorrow to a nice cabin in the woods until Saturday (MY BIRTHDAY!!), and I am looking forward to the tranquility and peacefulness the woods has to offer! What are your Thanksgiving plans? Back years ago, I was born on Thanksgiving, and therefore it has always been my favorite holiday!
So, something I have to share today is simple yet sweet, and may or may not be right up your alley…. Last night while I was knitting away, I watched a very inspiring Disney movie called Up. You may recognize the picture…..
Up is the story of an elderly man looking for adventure and fulfilling his life long dream after his wife passes away, and I think there is a lot to be learned from it. Now of course I spent half the movie crying (no NOT PREGGO”S). Even if you dont have children this is definitely a heart warming movie worth checking out.
Lessons learned from Up!
1. Even if you never leave the comfort of your home, town, neighborhood or state as long as you are surrounded by love, and laughter your life will be full of adventure and whimsy!
2. The most opposite of person may be the perfect companion.
3. Your biggest and wildest dreams can and will come true whether you’re 8 or 88, you just always have to believe. When there is a will there is away, just use building blocks to make your way.
4. Life can go on after a death of a loved one, it takes finding a balance between grieving and moving on.
5. Dog’s will always be loyal, even if you yell at them.
6. Friends will always be there for you, even if you have to drag your house across the cliffs just so you can find the perfect location. This also means, you must always be there for your friends even if you have to go to great heights to rescue them.
7. Your perception of life may be different from your life partner’s perception. Little things in life can tickle most anyones fancy! So embrace the little things and enjoy the larger things, but it is the love in your life that makes it what it is.
Maybe for Thanksgiving this year you should Red Box, or Netflix Up!